Thursday, February 19, 2015

Tie-Back Maxi Dress

I did it! I finished my first #sewingathomecon project and here it is:


The idea started at the mall, of course. We were walking through stores and my oldest started falling in love with all the spring maxi dresses. I looked at some of the price tags...$50?!?! That is so crazy, and I CERTAINLY didn't have that money to spend on myself, let alone my sweet girl who will grow out of it in a year. :(

So, after picking up a few materials (I already had the white knit)


I got started, and I am very happy to say that I am glad to post "project pics" on the blog. I bought the sheer fabric, but it can easily be made out of a scarf.





Now, my sweet little guy needs some new pajamas made for him. I am contemplating making a tutorial for this dress, but I have never made a clothing tutorial before...kinda scary.

2 comments:

  1. So SO pretty. I love it and I think the patterns and colors fit her personality perfectly. Sorry I don't follow you on IG, I have to pick and choose my social media and thats one that I forgo. But I follow you on pinterest and I'm glad I can still come across these things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stacey! I agree about social media. I'm on IG more now that I am not on fb. Thanks for repinning. I really appreciate it! :)

      Delete