Wednesday, February 18, 2015

My Top Podcast Picks

If you have not yet jumped on the Podcast bandwagon, you should definitely give it a try...you won't regret it!
Now, I often ask for other peoples' podcast recommendations and I scour my favorite blogs and check out their favorite ones as well. However, I often run into a problem. Many of the posts I find give several podcasts with the same topic!
I don't know about you, but I have many interests and I use podcasts as a way to motivate me in those interests. My recommendations are definitely not the END ALL of your options. You can totally just search whatever topic you enjoy and try them out, but here are:



1. #AskGrayVee -For your Business/Page Promoting side. This is my top pick, because I can't stop listening to every episode...sometimes multiple times! I'm sure many people know who Gary Vaynerchuk is, but I did not (until about 3 days ago). In addition to his tech savviness that he shares with his listeners, he is EXTREMELY motivational! On his podcast, he answers questions from his fans on how to improve their online business (along with some fun topics thrown in). If you have an online business or a page that you are wanting to promote, he is a MUST.

2. A Slob Comes Clean -For the Get the Housework Done/Organizational side. The name really says it all. Nony (Dana White) talks about her daily struggle with keeping her home clean while doing all the other things that are important. It is fun to listen to, and having her podcast on always makes me get more done in my house.

3. KCAA: Dave Ramsey -For the Frugal/Save Money/Pay Off Debt side. Dave Ramsey does a daily radio show where he takes callers and answers their financial questions. Fortunately, we are not currently in a "bad" place with our finances, but if you need a bit of help and motivation to stay on that budget or to SAVE SAVE SAVE...this podcast is the answer. There are some commercials during this podcast (it is a radio show), but I don't feel that they "take away" from it.

4. Serial -For the "I wanna wanna have some entertainment, but I have a crapload to do" side. This podcast has been out for awhile and there is only one season of it, so far. It is about a real life crime that happened in 1999. A man was put in prison for a murder, but...did he do it? Serial is like watching a great movie or tv show without actually having to sit and watch.

There are a few more podcasts that I am trying to get into. I'm eager to try Craftlit, which is for crafters that love books. They discuss crafts and then read from a book (like Pride and Prejudice). This American Life has a story in each podcasts. They are all different and I hear people talk about this one A LOT. Serial is actually a spin-off of This American Life. I would also love to start listening to Prepper Broadcasting Network. I enjoy canning and I hope to one have a green thumb, but I also believe in being prepared for emergencies. I haven't listened to it, but it could be right up my alley.

No comments:

Post a Comment